Treat yourself, in perfect portion sizes!
At SkinnyMs., we’ll never tell you to swear off dessert or take sweet treats off of your menu. Indulging your cravings for some of your favorite foods is important, as long as you treat yourself in moderation, and make healthier choices about the sweets you eat. Living a life devoid of dessert just isn’t a sustainable practice. Try going without some of your favorite sweet flavors for a week. You’ll have your hand in a bag of sugary, processed candies by day 7.
We’re here to provide you with some of the cleanest, smartest, healthiest dessert treats you can imagine. Our Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter and Banana Pops are an example of a healthy dessert recipe that won’t wreak havoc on your waistline. Start with a slice of banana. Sweet and wholesome, bananas are superfoods that are high in potassium and antioxidants, and pair beautifully with chocolate and peanut butter. Use all natural peanut butter to coat your banana, getting all of the protein and fiber from this nutty spread, with none of the additives. Then, dip your bananas in low-fat chocolate chips. These chips cut down on the fat and calories of your dish, but still contribute that one of a kind chocolate flavor that compliments banana and peanut butter so well.
Pierce each with a cocktail skewer, and you’ve got a dish that you can portion out into individual bites, helping you with your portion and calorie control. You can also serve these on a platter at your next party. They’ll be a healthy surprise for every guest who takes a bite!
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter & Banana Pops
- 2 bananas
- 1/3 cup peanut butter all-natural
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Peel and slice the bananas to about 1-inch thickness. Spread some peanut butter on one side of half of the sliced bananas then put another slice of banana on top of the peanut butter to create a "sandwich". Gently slide skewers or toothpicks in the middle of the bananas, if you are using them.
- Place the bananas on a pan lined with parchment paper then pop them in the freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- In the meantime, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil to a pot and heat on low until melted.
- Transfer the chocolate to a bowl then quickly dip in the bananas. Return the bananas to the freezer for another 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Our social media community is growing! Like our popular Facebook page and check out our Pinterest for new recipes and workouts! And to stay on top of all things Skinny Ms., remember to subscribe to our newsletter.
Got something to say? Let us hear it in the comments section!