Two of your favorite ingredients in one yummy treat!
There’s nothing more joyous than a decadent, clean cupcake! Our Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting are pumped with layer upon layer of rich flavor. To craft the greatest cupcakes you’ve ever tasted, we’ve married a stunning array of combative flavors. Opposites attract, after all, and Skinny Ms. is never boring!
Sweet cocoa and bitter coffee give the batter its unique depth. We’ve gone the extra mile and tied their strong personalities together with a hint of vanilla and salt. The sweet, earthy maple in the batter and frosting complements the peanut butter beautifully.
Every ingredient in these chocolate and peanut butter cupcakes is clean and guilt-free. Whip up a batch for your next party! You’ll amaze kids and adults alike when you reveal the healthy secret behind these poppable treats.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
Cupcakes (Dry Ingredients)
- 1 1/2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
Cupcakes (Wet Ingredients)
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 1 cup coffee or café americano (decaf will work too)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil not extra virgin
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 2/3 cup peanut butter natural
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk any type
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Whisk together all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients. Stir together the wet and dry ingredients until just combined. There will be some lumps.
- Fill each of the cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full. Bake for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick or tip of a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Mix together all of the frosting ingredients in a small bowl. Spread frosting on cupcakes with a butter knife, raising the knife every now and then to create texture (as shown in the photo). Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us a comment about this article or anything else you’d like to see from Skinny Ms.