Once you decide to follow a healthy lifestyle, you might worry that means giving up chocolate. Not at all! While many chocolate bars are full of fat, sugar, and processed ingredients, it’s easy to make homemade chocolate treats like our Chocolate, Fruit, and Nut Clusters. Dark chocolate contains a fraction of calories than regular milk chocolate, and mixing in your favorite dried fruits provides an added health bonus. Try different dried fruits to switch up the flavors and find what you like best!
This is also a great recipe to make and bring as a hostess gift. Just wrap up some clusters in parchment paper and place in a nice box. You can choose whether or not tell the recipient just how healthy this treat is!
Yields: 8 servings | Calories: 159 | Total Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 7mg | Carbohydrates: 16g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Protein: 2g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (can also be dark chocolate cut into small pieces from a bar)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, divided
- 1/4 cup assorted dried fruit, lightly chopped
- 1/4 cup almond slivers
- Place a sheet of wax or parchment paper on a cookie sheet or a flat portable surface that can fit in a freezer. (A cutting board works great if a cookie sheet is too big.)
- Melt dark chocolate in a double-boiler or in a small sauce pan over low heat. In a separate double-boiler or small sauce pan, melt the white chocolate. Add half the coconut oil to the white chocolate, and half the coconut oil to the dark chocolate. Mix well.
- Allow both chocolates to cool slightly, keeping separate.
- Mix dried fruit and nuts into the dark chocolate. Drop by the spoonful (about 1 tablespoon per drop) onto the parchment lined surface. Drizzle the melted white chocolate onto the top of each drop. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer until set, approximately 1 hour.
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site. Leave a comment in the section below.