The combination of chocolate and peanut butter makes a smoothie even the youngest member of the family will devour. Cocoa powder and peanut butter are crowd-pleasers, while banana and Greek yogurt add potassium and protein to this sweet, satisfying, and nutritious smoothie.
If you are just starting your adventure with smoothies, be sure to read: The Blender is Your New Best Friend to make the most of this handy device.
*calculated with natural peanut butter and coconut palm sugar Yields: 3 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 214 | Total Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 5 | Carbohydrates: 22 g | Sodium: 57 mg | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 10 g | Protein: 10 g | SmartPoints: 7
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter (optional, organic Powdered Peanut Butter which is much lower in fat & calories than regular peanut butter.)
- 1 cup low-fat milk, (optional, almond or soy milk)
- 1 frozen banana, pre-sliced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, fat-free
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar, honey is optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ice as needed
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add ice according to desired thickness.
More smoothie favorites: