Get your morning started with this smoothie!
Need a quick breakfast that provides a ton of nutrients, energy, protein, and actually tastes good? Healthy smoothies are for you! This smoothie recipe is one of our favorites, and is sure to get you going first thing in the morning. It satisfies your need for a pick-me-up and provides plenty of nutrition. You will feel full for hours after eating this smoothie, but it has a reasonable amount of calories and no saturated fat.
Smoothies are a great option for people focused on eating healthier. Whether you are trying to lose weight or you simply want to include more healthy foods in your diet, a smoothie allows you to accomplish your goals. Best of all, smoothies are a great way to incorporate foods into your diet that you would not usually eat. Are there vegetables you can’t stand? Some veggies are bitter, and try as they might, kids and adults just can’t choke them down. Unfortunately, this means missing out on nutrients and vitamins. Mixing these less tasty veggies into a smoothie masks the unpleasant taste and allows you to get a complete dose of nutrition with every serving.
Wake Me Up, Keep Me Going Smoothie
- 1 banana frozen - peel and slice before freezing
- 1/2 cup grapes of any color, frozen
- 1/2 avocado peeled and seeded
- 1 cup spinach loosely packed
- 1 cup kale remove stems and discard, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups green tea chilled, unsweetened (home brewed is best)
- ice if needed
- Add all ingredients to the blender, except ice, blend until smooth. Add ice for a thicker smoothie.
- Recommend organic or homegrown spinach and kale.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms