Since they're so easy, they're the perfect dessert to take to a cookie exchange or holiday gathering.
If you melt at the scent of chocolate and peppermint during the holidays, you’re in good company. This combo is a holiday match made in heaven! Thanks to our Chocolate Peppermint Cookies, you can enjoy this classic flavor combination as a skinny dessert. We used coconut sugar as a sweetener, and replace white flour with wheat flour instead. The peppermint candy canes add a nominal amount of sugar, but you can always use sugar-free ones if you prefer.
You can prepare, bake, and cool these goodies in less than 30 minutes! Since they’re so easy, they’re the perfect dessert to take to a cookie exchange or holiday gathering. You’ll be the only one who knows that they’re a healthier option!
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 candy canes crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the butter and sugar in a bowl until well-combined. Then add the remaining ingredients, except the candy canes, and fold together.
- Scoop cookie dough onto a greased baking pan, one heaping tablespoon per cookie. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes -- the middle of the cookie does not have to be cooked through. Top with candy canes and let sit for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Other recipes for you to try:
What are your favorite holiday desserts? How do you make them healthier? Leave us a comment in the section below!