Pumpkin is a super squash that can star in virtually any dessert recipe. Push your standard chocolate chip cookie recipes aside and make room for these deliciously decadent Cakey Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – we promise they’ll steal the show!
These cakey treats call for wholesome, vitamin-rich ingredients like pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and healthy oils. The gooey chocolate comes from dark chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips, an antioxidant-rich, healthier alternative to milk chocolate. These cookies boast a fluffy, moist texture that will literally melt in your mouth. Canned pumpkin is available all year long, so although these scrumptious cookies have a seasonal flavor, we highly recommend whipping them up in the summer!
Yields: 36 Servings | Serving Size: 1 cookie | Calories: 106 | Total Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 53mg | Carbohydrates: 16g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Protein: 2g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5
- 2-1/2 cups 100% white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 cup honey or real maple syrup
- 1 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips (miniature or regular-sized)
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees and line a baking sheet (or 2 baking sheets if you have them) with parchment paper OR coat with a thin layer of cooking spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Mix the wet ingredients together. Add the chocolate chips.
- Combine both wet and dry mixtures until well incorporated.
- Use two tablespoons to scoop cookie mixture and scrape it off onto prepared sheet. Place cookies about 2 inches apart on the sheet. Note that it is a thinner batter than many cookie doughs and produces a soft cake-like cookie. This recipe should make about 36.
- Bake until bottoms are golden and firm, for about 15 minutes. Remove cookies and place on baking rack. Repeat with remaining mixture.
We love hearing from our readers. Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else you’d like to see on SkinnyMs.