A moist texture that will literally melt in your mouth.
Pumpkin is a super squash that can star in virtually any dessert recipe. Push your standard chocolate chip cookie recipes aside and make room for these deliciously decadent Cakey Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – we promise they’ll steal the show!
These cakey treats call for wholesome, vitamin-rich ingredients like pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and healthy oils. The gooey chocolate comes from dark chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips, an antioxidant-rich, healthier alternative to milk chocolate. These cookies boast a fluffy, moist texture that will literally melt in your mouth. Canned pumpkin is available all year long, so although these scrumptious cookies have a seasonal flavor, we highly recommend whipping them up in the summer!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups 100% white whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 cup honey or real maple syrup
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree canned
- 2 eggs large
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips (miniature or regular-sized)
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees and line a baking sheet (or 2 baking sheets if you have them) with parchment paper OR coat with a thin layer of cooking spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Mix the wet ingredients together. Add the chocolate chips.
- Combine both wet and dry mixtures until well incorporated.
- Use two tablespoons to scoop cookie mixture and scrape it off onto prepared sheet. Place cookies about 2 inches apart on the sheet. Note that it is a thinner batter than many cookie doughs and produces a soft cake-like cookie. This recipe should make about 36.
- Bake until bottoms are golden and firm, for about 15 minutes. Remove cookies and place on a baking rack. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We love hearing from our readers. Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else you’d like to see on Skinny Ms.