It’s difficult to find a good cookie recipe that isn’t laden with sugar, fat, and other generally unhealthy ingredients. Well, look no further! Our Cinnamon Cookies are not only delicious, but they use nutritional ingredients like wheat flour, coconut oil, palm sugar, and cinnamon. Enjoy health benefits without sacrificing flavor. Cookie lovers rejoice!
These cinnamon cookies are great to take to your next holiday gathering. They’re also just healthy enough for you to munch on any day of the week without feeling guilty about it!
Yields: 24 cookies | Serving Size: 2 cookies | Calories: 208 | Total Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 215mg | Carbohydrates: 27g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Protein: 4g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 10
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup palm sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Additional cinnamon, if desired (about 1 tablespoon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookies sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, blend sugar, egg, oil, and almond extract until smooth. Gradually add the flour mixture until a ball forms. Divide into 24 portions and roll each portion into a ball. If desired, dip one side of the ball into additional cinnamon and place on prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart, cinnamon side up.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cookies just begin to brown on the edges. Cool before serving.
- OPTION: Once cool, drizzle with icing.
- TIP: If cookies are not spreading when baking, flatten slightly before placing in the oven.
Need more holiday cookie ideas? See 17 Top Holiday Cookie Recipes for more inspiration!