Chocolate Lover’s rejoice! Now, you can enjoy one of your favorite cold-weather treats without sacrificing your clean-eating plan. This classic hot chocolate recipe won’t wreak havoc on your waistline, so you can sip it with a smile. Using 100% clean ingredient, there is a total of 6 grams of fat and 192 calories per serving. You definitely have some choices of how you want to carry out this recipe. Sucanat or honey/ low-fat milk or almond milk/ vanilla extract or peppermint extract. Decisions… decisions…. Of course, you have plenty of days to experiment, so you may as well try them all out. We’re sure you will be pleased with all of your chocolaty experiments.
Everyone loves chocolate, but it usually comes with unwanted calories. Here at SkinnyMs., we have figured out ways for you to have your cake and eat it too! Check out these yummy chocolate recipes.
You might also like these other Drink Recipes by SkinnyMs.
Yields: 6 Servings | Serving size: 1 Cup | Calories: 182 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 9 mg | Sodium: 90 mg | Carbohydrates: 32 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 30 g | Protein: 7 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9 |
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, (we used Enjoy Life chocolate chips)
- 4 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk over medium-low heat until steaming. Add cocoa, sweetener, and chocolate chips, stir until cocoa is combined.
- Warm over medium-low heat until all ingredients are combined and hot chocolate is to desired temperature. Add vanilla and stir to combine.
- Serve in mugs with a ladle and sprinkle a little cocoa or shredded dark chocolate.
- Tip: Stir with a cinnamon stick for extra flavor or substitute peppermint extract for the vanilla extract for a holiday twist!
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Have you warmed up with our Classic Hot Chocolate? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.