Chocolate Lover’s rejoice! Now, you can enjoy one of your favorite cold-weather treats without sacrificing your clean-eating plan. This classic hot chocolate recipe won’t wreak havoc on your waistline, so you can sip it with a smile.
Yields: 6 Servings | Serving size: 1 Cup | Calories: 182 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 9 mg | Sodium: 90 mg | Carbohydrates: 32 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 30 g | Protein: 7 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9 |
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, (we used Enjoy Life chocolate chips)
- 4 1/2 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk over medium-low heat until steaming. Add cocoa, sweetener, and chocolate chips, stir until cocoa is combined.
- Warm over medium-low heat until all ingredients are combined and hot chocolate is to desired temperature. Add vanilla and stir to combine.
- Serve in mugs with a ladle and sprinkle a little cocoa or shredded dark chocolate.
- Tip: Stir with a cinnamon stick for extra flavor or substitute peppermint extract for the vanilla extract for a holiday twist!
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Have you warmed up with our Classic Hot Chocolate? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.