It's so good no one will ever know it's a healthier dessert option!
It’s time to start planning your holiday menus, and that includes pumpkin pie! So, our Classic Pumpkin Pie with Maple Crust is a skinny version of this classic pie. It’s sweetened only with maple syrup and honey, and includes healthy ingredients such as Greek yogurt, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, and egg whites. Pair it with pumpkin and spices, and it’s so good no one will ever know it’s a healthier dessert option!
You don’t have to sacrifice great flavor to have healthy options this holiday season. Our pumpkin pie recipe is just one of our recipes designed with this in mind. For more great holiday dessert ideas, see our Top 10 Holiday Dessert Recipes.
Classic Pumpkin Pie with Maple Crust
For the Crust
- 2 cups flour we used white whole-wheat
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil cold
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt plain
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water cold
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree can
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup evaporated milk fat-free
For the Crust
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, add flour, salt, and cold coconut oil. Ensure the oil is cold and solid by storing in the refrigerator until ready to use. Using a fork, break the oil into the flour mix until powdery and only pea-sized chunks remain. Add Greek yogurt, vinegar, and maple syrup. Carefully mix, add in water one tablespoon at a time until dough can be formed into a ball. The dough should not be sticky, just able to hold together in a ball form.
- On a floured surface, roll dough to 1/4 inch thick. Carefully transfer to a pie pan. Prick with a fork and cover with foil. Place a weight, such as an empty second pan or dry beans, on top of the foil. Bake 15 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth. Pour into partially baked crust (as prepared above). Bake 30 to 40 minutes until set (the pie filling will barely jiggle when lightly shook).
- Allow to set and cool completely, preferably overnight, before slicing and serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Are you planning on serving healthy dessert options this Thanksgiving? We’d love to hear from you in the comments!