Spice up your burgers!
We’ve heard raves from our community that this is the best burger they’ve ever eaten, and we think you’ll agree! The creamy avocado topping balances the spice of the chiles in the patties. Cook the patties in a grill pan or in a nonstick skillet if you don’t feel like firing up the grill.
Clean Eating Chipotle Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground sirloin
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced; from 7 ounce can
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped, fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices provolone cheese reduced-fat (0.67 ounces per slice)
- 6 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato medium, cut into 6 slices
- 6 whole-wheat hamburger buns toasted (1.5 ounces each)
- 1 avocado pitted and mashed
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine ground beef, peppers and adobo sauce, garlic, cilantro, and pepper in a medium bowl, mixing just until combined.
- Shape into 6 equal patties.
- Grill patties, covered with grill lid, 6 minutes per side or until done; top with cheese slices during last 1 minute of cooking.
- Place 1 patty and avocado slice on bottom half of each bun; cover with bun tops.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms