We’ve heard raves from our community that this is the best burger they’ve ever eaten, and we think you’ll agree! The creamy avocado topping balances the spice of the chiles in the patties. Cook the patties in a grill pan or in a nonstick skillet if you don’t feel like firing up the grill.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 486 | Total Fat: 23 g | Saturated Fat: 9 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 89 mg | Sodium: 211 mg | Carbohydrates: 33 g | Dietary Fiber: 10 g | Sugars: 8 g | Protein: 40 g | SmartPoints: 14
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground sirloin
- 2 chipotle peppers plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce(from 7-ounce can), minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 (0.67 ounce) slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 6 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 6 slices
- 6 (1.5 ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 1 avocado, pitted and mashed
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine ground beef, peppers and adobo sauce, garlic, cilantro, and pepper in a medium bowl, mixing just until combined.
- Shape into 6 equal patties.
- Grill patties, covered with grill lid, 6 minutes per side or until done; top with cheese slices during last 1 minute of cooking.
- Place 1 patty and avocado slice on bottom half of each bun; cover with bun tops.