Crème Brûlée, that classic, gourmet dessert indulgence, gets a clean eating makeover. Made with coconut milk instead of dairy cream, you’ll get all the delicious creaminess of the traditional recipe, plus the superfood benefits of coconut milk. Sweetened with stevia instead of sugar, this version bakes up perfectly every time. Forget everything you’ve heard about Crème Brûlée being a tricky recipe-this one is foolproof. Plus, it’s absolutely delicious. A perfect dessert to serve for holidays and dinner parties.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 ramekin | Calories: 288 | Total Fat: 20 g | Saturated Fat: 11 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 38 mg | Carbohydrates: 20 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 17 g | Protein: 8 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 13
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 6 drops stevia (optional, 1 additional tablespoon maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped (optional 1 teaspoon vanilla)
- 1/4 cup sucanat or turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a blender, blend egg yolks, egg, stevia, maple syrup, coconut milk, and the vanilla bean seeds together until smooth. Pour into 6 ramekins. Place ramekins in a large baking dish and pour water around the base of the ramekins. Take care to not get water inside the ramekins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 27-33 minutes, just until the edges are set, and the centers are jiggly like jello. Remove and cool. Just before serving, sprinkle with a tablespoon of sugar and place underl a broiler for 30 seconds, or use a culinary torch to brown the sugar. Serve and enjoy!
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. Dessert Recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.