The classic, decadent dessert made much healthier!
Crème Brûlée, that classic, gourmet dessert indulgence, gets a clean eating makeover. Made with coconut milk instead of dairy cream, you’ll get all the delicious creaminess of the traditional recipe, plus the superfood benefits of coconut milk. Sweetened with stevia instead of sugar, this version bakes up perfectly every time. Forget everything you’ve heard about Crème Brûlée being a tricky recipe-this one is foolproof. Plus, it’s absolutely delicious. A perfect dessert to serve for holidays and dinner parties.
Clean Eating Crème Brûlée
- 5 egg yolks large
- 1 egg large
- 6 drops stevia optional, 1 additional tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 full-fat coconut milk can
- 1 vanilla bean scraped, optional 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sucanat or turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a blender, blend egg yolks, egg, stevia, maple syrup, coconut milk, and the vanilla bean seeds together until smooth. Pour into 6 ramekins. Place ramekins in a large baking dish and pour water around the base of the ramekins. Take care to not get water inside the ramekins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 27-33 minutes, just until the edges are set, and the centers are jiggly like jello. Remove and cool. Just before serving, sprinkle with a tablespoon of sugar and place under a broiler for 30 seconds, or use a culinary torch to brown the sugar. Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. Dessert Recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.