No cooking required! Refrigerate overnight and enjoy for breakfast.
We love this clean eating oatmeal! No cooking required, just refrigerate it overnight in a half pint jar, screw on the lid, and take it to go! The combination of all of the fiber in the oats and chia seeds works to make you feel super full. Chia seeds, like quinoa, have full amino acids and protein, and they have even more Omega-3’s than flaxseed. The seeds expand in water and liquid, and in your stomach, making you feel fuller for longer and helping you stay hydrated. Soaking the chia seeds overnight with the mix will make them expand even more. They are gelatinous, once soaked, and can be very soothing and cleansing in the digestive tract. Chia seeds really have to be tried to appreciate their benefits, and adding them to oatmeal is a great way to do so. Some people feel great right away after eating chia seeds! The oats will help keep blood sugar stable, and give lasting energy all morning. Oats make for an ideal combination with chia seeds.
You can make this oatmeal how you like it. It can be made into a pumpkin oatmeal with pumpkin puree or an apple oatmeal with applesauce, and both options are listed out in the recipe ingredients and instructions.
Clean Eating Refrigerator Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt 2% plain
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup applesauce unsweetened or pumpkin puree
- Equally, divide the first six ingredients in two half-pint jars. Tightly screw the lid onto jar, and shake to combine. Remove the top, add applesauce or pumpkin puree, and stir well. Refrigerate overnight, or up to 3 days.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms