These tasty protein pancakes can be eaten for breakfast or as a daytime snack, and they’re packed with protein! Protein pancakes are a great alternative to traditional breakfast options, especially if you are trying to reduce your carbohydrate intake. This recipe allows you to enjoy the taste of pancakes without overloading your body with calories and sugar. Healthy pancakes are an option your entire family will love.
Not only do these pancakes provide a healthier alternative to most traditional pancake recipes, they have added health benefits. Blueberries are packed with antioxidants, which are associated with preventing cancer and a variety of other health problems related to inflammation. They are low-calorie, but sweet, so you do not need to smother these pancakes in high-calorie syrup. The oatmeal in these oatmeal blueberry protein pancakes fills you up for hours. It provides soluble fiber, which satisfies your hunger and keeps your blood sugar in balance.
Oatmeal Blueberry Protein Pancakes
- 1/2 cup rolled oats uncooked - old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/4 banana ripe
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup blueberries frozen
- Throw everything except blueberries in the blender and blend until smooth. Spray pan with safflower (or other) oil and get it hot like a griddle, pour half of the mixture into pan, and place a few blueberries on top. These pancakes won’t “bubble” on top like regular pancakes, so you need to watch the bottoms. When bottom is lightly brown and the pancaked is cooked halfway through, flip and cook the other side – this will also heat the frozen blueberries. When done, remove pancake and pour in the rest of the batter, repeat.
*This is a healthy SkinnyMs. fan recipe submitted by Lori Laham of author of Get Fit Naturally.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.