This Coconut Curry Cauliflower dish combines sweet coconut with spicy curry for a flavor-packed dish that is both tasty and nutritious. The combination of superfood ingredients provides your body with valuable nutrients, like calcium, iron, potassium, vitamins A, C, K and many more. It’s as good for your body as it is for your soul!
We chose spices that can be adjusted for taste and create a perfect blend of flavors for cold, winter nights or hot, summer barbecues. You can use any type of curry powder you like, but we like yellow curry the best. It has a mild spice presence for those sensitive to spicy food. Plus, you get the health benefits of turmeric, one of the main ingredients in yellow curry, so it’s win-win!
Choosing a Coconut Milk for Coconut Curry Cauliflower
For this recipe, we chose canned light coconut milk. You’ll notice there are a variety of coconut milks in the grocery store: light and regular varieties in the canned section and the boxed options the alternative milk aisle. We choose the canned kind for a very important reason: flavor.
Canned coconut milk is not only thicker than the kind you’ll find in the box, but it also has a richer flavor. This is especially true when compared to the refrigerated boxes of coconut milk. When in doubt, opt for the coconut milk in the can. Just be sure to check the ingredients to make sure the brand you’re buying only contains coconuts and water.
Yields: 6 | Serving Size: 2/3 cup | Calories: 190 | Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol:0 | Carbohydrates: 25 g | Sodium: 99 mg | Dietary Fiber: 6 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 10 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups light coconut milk, canned
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil over medium-low heat for 1 minute. Combine remaining ingredients, and add to a medium casserole dish. Bake cauliflower until tender, about 25-30 minutes. Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped cilantro if desired.
- Enjoy Coconut Curry Cauliflower hot or cold...perfect for summer barbecues.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite recipe? We’d love to hear about it! Tell us what you think in the comments section below.