Looking for a coconut curry meal that will spice things up on a weeknight? This coconut curry soup is sweet and spicy, filled with healthy ingredients, and tastes great. When topped with shredded coconut and cilantro, this curry soup with chicken has an out-of-this-world flavor, and is sure to become a household favorite!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups |Calories: 374| Total Fat: 27 g | Saturated Fat: 20 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 62 mg | Sodium: 1042 mg | Carbohydrates: 10 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 5g | Protein: 24 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 11
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Shredded coconut, for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the coconut oil and the onion. Cook until soft and add the garlic. Cook for 1 more minute and add the cauliflower and curry powder. Stir and cook for 1 more minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken stock and chicken breasts. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes, until cauliflower is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken breasts from pot, shred with two forks and return back to the pot. Add the coconut milk, cilantro, and lime juice. Stir and simmer about 5-10 minutes, until heated through.
- Serve the soup hot, topped with shredded coconut.