Salads can go from nutritious to unhealthy in a matter of seconds based on your dressing. If you drench those vitamin-packed leafy greens in something heavy and fattening, you’ll defeat the purpose of consuming a healthy salad! On the other hand, it’s hard to enjoy the ingredients if you leave them bare. This recipe spotlights apple cider vinegar, an ingredient you have a bunch of reasons to feel good about. People have praised ACV for centuries due to its medicinal properties and powerful health benefits. The all-natural product is bursting with feel-good enzymes and acids that can improve your digestion system, rev up your metabolism, and boost your body’s digestion.
What are you waiting for? Make salads exciting again with this simple recipe. Enjoy those leafy greens without overloading on calories and fat!
Yields: 1 cup | servings: 8 | Calories: 179 | Total Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 58mg | Carbohydrates: 5g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 0g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (raw if available)
- 2 tablespoons honey (raw preferred)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Whisk together all ingredients except olive oil. Once ingredients are combined, drizzle in oil a little at a time. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Be sure to shake or whisk dressing before serving.
Love the recipe? Want more healthy salad dressing ideas? Let us know what you think! Leave a comment in the section below about this article or anything else on the site.