Looking for a delicious side dish that’s as skinny as you are? This crockpot fried rice doesn’t have any rice at all! Instead, cauliflower florets are pulsed in a food processor until they resemble rice. Simmered until tender in a delicious garlic-ginger sauce, then tossed with frozen veggies, fresh green onions, and vibrant cilantro, this dish will have you delighted over dinner. Better yet, it’ll leave your body feeling full on take-out, without any of the guilt!
*Larger serving size (as an entrée) Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 2 cups | Calories: 172 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 92 mg | Sodium: 405 mg | Carbohydrates: 22 g | Dietary Fiber: 8 g | Sugars: 6 g | Protein: 13 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 0 |
*Smaller serving size (as a side dish) Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 86 | Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 46 mg | Sodium: 201 mg | Carbohydrates: 11 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 7 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 0 |
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic puree (or fresh garlic and ginger root, peeled and minced)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup frozen vegetable mix
- 1/2 cup Boars Head turkey ham, diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lite (low sodium) soy sauce or to taste
- Cut the florets off each head of cauliflower. Discard stems. Place the florets in a large food processor. Pulse until finely crumbled.
- In a large crockpot, add cauliflower crumbs, ginger garlic puree, and vegetable broth. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, or on low for 3-4 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, whisk the eggs together and scramble them in a skillet. Add eggs, frozen veggies, and diced turkey ham (if desired) to the crockpot. Allow to cook for 30 minutes more, or until the frozen veggies are warm. Stir in green onions and cilantro. Drizzle with soy sauce to taste. Serve and enjoy!