This simple side dish uses Cauliflower instead of rice for a delicious take-out classic made healthy!
Looking for a delicious side dish that’s as skinny as you are? This crockpot fried rice doesn’t have any rice at all! Instead, cauliflower florets are pulsed in a food processor until they resemble rice. Simmered until tender in a delicious garlic-ginger sauce, then tossed with frozen veggies, fresh green onions, and vibrant cilantro, this dish will have you delighted over dinner. Better yet, it’ll leave your body feeling full on take-out, without any of the guilt!
Crockpot Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic puree or fresh garlic and ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable mix frozen
- 1/2 cup Boars Head turkey ham diced, optional
- 1/4 cup green onions diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro optional
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce lite (low-sodium), to taste
- Cut the florets off each head of cauliflower. Discard stems. Place the florets in a large food processor. Pulse until finely crumbled.
- In a large crockpot, add cauliflower crumbs, ginger-garlic puree, and vegetable broth. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, or on low for 3-4 hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving, whisk the eggs together and scramble them in a skillet. Add eggs, frozen veggies, and diced turkey ham (if desired) to the crockpot. Allow to cook for 30 minutes more, or until the frozen veggies are warm. Stir in green onions and cilantro. Drizzle with soy sauce to taste. Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms