Here at SkinnyMs., we’re crazy about crockpots. They do all the dirty work for you. All you need to do is toss your ingredients in and leave the rest to the appliance!
This Crockpot Hearty Vegetable and Bean Soup recipe is one of our tastiest slow cooker dishes. It’s a vegetarian dream that combines soft, chewy potatoes and carrots with juicy peppers and tomatoes. Chopped onions, seasonings, and herbs marinate with the vegetables to yield mouthwatering flavors and a rich aroma. Protein-packed beans give the soup a hearty kick. You’ll love coming home to a warm, bubbly, super satisfying soup the whole family will love!
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 207 | Total Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 59mg | Carbohydrates: 44g | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 14g | Protein: 12g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7 |
- 1 can mung beans or pigeon peas or small flageola beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 2 carrots, shredded (use a cheese grater to shred)
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 heaping tablespoons fresh thyme leaves or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place all ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
What would you like to see on SkinnyMs.? Let us know! We’d love to hear from you.