This is a vegetarian dream that combines soft, chewy potatoes and carrots with juicy peppers and tomatoes.
Here at Skinny Ms., we’re crazy about crockpots. They do all the dirty work for you. All you need to do is toss your ingredients in and leave the rest to the appliance!
This Crockpot Hearty Vegetable and Bean Soup recipe is one of our tastiest slow cooker dishes. It’s a vegetarian dream that combines soft, chewy potatoes and carrots with juicy peppers and tomatoes. Chopped onions, seasonings, and herbs marinate with the vegetables to yield mouthwatering flavors and a rich aroma. Protein-packed beans give the soup a hearty kick. You’ll love coming home to a warm, bubbly, super satisfying soup the whole family will love!
Crockpot Hearty Vegetable and Bean Soup
- 15 ounces mung beans can, or pigeon peas or small flageolet beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 potatoes peeled and cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 2 carrots shredded (use a cheese grater to shred)
- 1 red bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth low-sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves fresh or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano fresh or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place all ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What would you like to see on Skinny Ms.? Let us know! We’d love to hear from you.