Little in life is more comforting than potato soup – except for a no-effort recipe! Creamy and easy to prepare, this satisfying crockpot potato leek soup requires a few ingredients and spices for the perfect dish.
Low-sodium chicken stock and Greek yogurt create a thick, creamy base. Yukon Gold potatoes (with skins for more nutrition) lend rich, starchy body to the soup. Fried leeks top the dish with a smoky flavor reminiscent of bacon without the fat and calories.
All you have to do is add the ingredients to your crock pot, set the timer, and let the soup cook. Once done, add the yogurt, fry your leeks, and enjoy the mingling aromatic flavors!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup| Calories: 289 | Total Fat: 14 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 8 mg | Sodium: 894 mg | Carbohydrates: 40 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 7 g | SmartPoints: 10 |
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Reserve about 1/4 cup of the sliced leeks and put the rest in crockpot. Add potatoes, stock, dill, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender or use a potato masher. Note: Immersion blender will make a creamier soup. Add yogurt to soup and stir until smooth.
- Before serving, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and paprika. Sauté leeks until golden and crisp. Ladle soup into bowls. Serve topped with sautéed leeks.
Love the recipe? Want more creamy soup recipes? Let us know! Join the conversation and leave a comment below.