Just add some zucchini topping to your favorite dish and your taste buds are sure to go nuts.
Ah, zucchini. A nutritious superfood that just keeps on giving! Super versatile and oh-so scrumptious, the emerald veggie plays a boatload of different roles in recipes from stir-fries and pasta dishes to muffins and breads. Just add some zucchini topping to your favorite dish and your taste buds are sure to go nuts.
With just a few simple ingredients, this recipe transforms zucchini into a crunchy topping that can enhance almost any dish by providing a crisp, deliciously brittle finish. Simply cut zucchini into noodley strings with the help of a vegetable peeler or spiralizer, toss the veggie ribbons with some salt and olive oil, and bake to crisp, golden perfection.
Sprinkle some parmesan on top for a yummy finish, and bake your creation for an additional two minutes. Guilt-free and nutritious, this tasty topping works beautifully on top of soups or salads. The simple recipe also tastes great when enjoyed by itself. It makes a healthy stand-in for salty snacks like chips and pretzels!
Crunchy Zucchini Topping
- 1 zucchini medium, peeled
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Use a Julienne Vegetable Peeler and cut zucchini into thin strings.
- Add strings to a mixing bowl and sprinkle with salt, gently tossing to combine. Place double paper towels on a large baking sheet, spread out strings, and let set for 15 minutes. This will remove some of the excess water.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Return strings to mixing bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and toss to coat. Spread strings evenly over a nonstick or parchment-lined baking sheet. Stir every 10 minutes and continue to bake until crispy, approximately 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over strings and bake 1-2 more minutes. Discard any strings that are overly brown. Allow to cool at room temperature. Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
- Enjoy as a snack or add to salads and soups.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site. Leave a comment in the section below.