Eggs are a fantastic option for breakfast or brunch because they are such a terrific source of protein. Unfortunately, finding creative ways to prepare eggs can be a challenge. Quiche is a great option for adding variety and flavor to your morning serving of eggs, but the crust can be loaded with saturated fat and calories. Luckily, it is possible to enjoy a crustless vegetable quiche recipe that tastes great without the excess fat!
The other thing I love about this crustless vegetable quiche is how easy it is to make. You don’t have to worry about pre-baking the crust because there isn’t any. All it takes is about 15 minutes of prep. Then, you just pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and bake it until it’s golden brown and delicious. It doesn’t get easier than that! That makes this a no-fuss way to cook eggs, and it’s also a great way to feed a crowd, too.
Quiche is Packed Full of Nutrition
Our delicious vegetable quiche is packed with vitamins, nutrients, and flavor. It is a good source of protein, which will fill you up and keep you feeling full all morning long. It’s also rich in vitamin A for healthy skin and vitamin C to keep your immune system boosted. As if that wasn’t enough, all the vegetables in this crustless vegetable quiche bring along additional nutrients, like riboflavin, calcium, phosphorus, and metabolism-boosting selenium.
All you need is one slice of this crustless vegetable quiche to get a full serving of vegetables – all before the sun comes up! But don’t think that you have to eat this quick for your morning meal, either. It’s hearty enough to be eaten for dinner (especially when served with a side salad). The leftovers are pretty fantastic when you take them to work for lunch the next day, so don’t worry if you can’t eat the entire quiche in one sitting.
The Best Way To Serve Crustless Vegetable Quiche
As we said earlier, in addition to being tasty and nutritious, our crustless vegetable quiche is super easy to make – and it’s also a one-pan meal, so clean-up is a breeze! If you like, you can make it ahead and heat it up for a quick grab-and-go breakfast all week long. Or, it’s perfect if you have big plans for entertaining a large group of people. The quiche is delicious by itself, but sometimes we like to switch things up. Serve it with a side of whole grain toast, a fresh fruit salad, or beside a bed of dark, leafy greens.
The next time you have a hankering for eggs and you want to try something different, give our crustless vegetable quiche recipe a whirl. This recipe is pretty customizable, too, so feel free to swap in your favorite vegetables. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments and we’ll get back to you as quickly as we can!
Yields: 6 servings | serving size: 1 slice | Calories: 141 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 93 mg |Sodium: 593 mg | Carbohydrates: 15 g | Dietary fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 5 g | Protein: 11 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2 |
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, mined
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced zucchini
- 6 broccoli florets
- ¼ cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Sea Salt to taste
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon low-fat parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large skillet on medium-low heat, add oil and sauté onion and garlic until tender, about 4 minutes. Add diced bell pepper, zucchini, broccoli and sun-dried tomatoes and continue sautéing 2 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, spices and ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Lightly spray a 9” pie dish, add sautéed vegetables. Pour egg mixture over vegetables, make sure to cover all veggies.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake 10 minutes at 425 degrees, reduce heat to 350 and continue baking 20-25 minutes. Remove foil the last few minutes of baking time and sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese. Quiche is done when it puffs and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Last updated: June 21, 2018