Eggs are a fantastic option for breakfast or brunch because they are such a terrific source of protein. Unfortunately, finding creative ways to prepare eggs can be a challenge. Quiche is a great option for adding variety and flavor to your morning serving of eggs, but the crust can be loaded with saturated fat and calories. Luckily, it is possible to enjoy a crustless vegetable quiche recipe that tastes great without the excess fat!
Our delicious vegetable quiche is packed with vitamins, nutrients, and flavor. It is a good source of protein, vitamins A and C, riboflavin, calcium, phosphorus, and selenium. One slice gives you a serving of vegetables for the day before the sun is up! And this quiche is not only for your morning meal; it is hearty enough to be served for dinner and leftovers can be taken to work for lunch the next day.
In addition to being tasty and nutritious, our crustless vegetable quiche is easy to make. It can even be made ahead and heated up if you want a quick breakfast all week long, or you have big plans for entertaining a large group of people. The quiche is delicious by itself, or can be served with whole grain toast, fruit salad, or beside a bed of dark, leafy greens.
The next time you have a hankering for eggs and you want to try something different, give our crustless vegetable quiche recipe a whirl.
You might also enjoy Crustless Asparagus Quiche.
Yields: 6 servings | serving size: 1 slice | Calories: 121 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fats: 3 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 83 mg |Sodium: 311 mg | Carbohydrates: 6 g | Dietary fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 9 g | SmartPoints: 4 |
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, mined
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced zucchini
- 6 broccoli florets
- ¼ cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 5 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Sea Salt to taste
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon low-fat parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large skillet on medium-low heat, add oil and sauté onion and garlic until tender, about 4 minutes. Add diced bell pepper, zucchini, broccoli and sun-dried tomatoes and continue sautéing 2 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, spices and ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Lightly spray a 9” pie dish, add sautéed vegetables. Pour egg mixture over vegetables, make sure to cover all veggies.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake 10 minutes at 425 degrees, reduce heat to 350 and continue baking 20-25 minutes. Remove foil the last few minutes of baking time and sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese. Quiche is done when it puffs and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite recipe from SkinnyMs.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.