Indulge in chocolate with this healthy creation!
Dark chocolate is rich in flavonoids, which may help in lowering blood pressure and improving blood flow to the brain and heart. These dark chocolate nut clusters contain vitamin E, copper, and manganese. The combination of delicious chocolate and nut is sweet, salty, and features a satisfying crunch. It is one of our favorite desserts and is perfect when you get that “gotta have it” craving for chocolate!
Delicious chocolate foods are often off-limits for those watching their weight or focusing on better health. Unfortunately, when you deprive yourself of your favorite foods, you feel cranky and irritable. It can even result in a binge in which you eat far too much of your favorite things. You are better off enjoying a tiny indulgence here and there to keep you feeling satisfied.
The great thing about these treats is they are made with dark chocolate and nuts. They taste great, but provide a number health benefits, too. Many health experts recommend indulging in a little dark chocolate on a regular basis because of the antioxidants. These nut clusters taste sweet and creamy with a little salt and crunch, but they are still good for you.
Dark Chocolate Nut Clusters
- 1 cup almonds raw, roasted with skins
- 1 cup pistachios raw, roasted
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper; evenly spread almonds and pistachios onto sheet. Roast 12 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- In a medium saucepan, combine chocolate and salt; melt over low heat, stir until completely melted, about 3–4 minutes. Add almonds and pistachios to chocolate; toss to cover. Pour chocolate covered nuts onto the same lined cookie sheet; spread flat, but keep nuts next to each other in order to form clusters.
- Allow to cool at room temperature; refrigerate 30 minutes if chocolate is still sticky. Break into 1- to 2-inch pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.