Get ready, because pumpkin season is here! What better way to celebrate fall’s favorite fruit than with a batch of our Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Oatmeal? We used almond milk to cook the oats and honey to sweeten them and keep the calorie count low. Dark chocolate, fall spices, almonds, dried cherries, and pumpkin bring out decadent and filling fall flavors in this recipe. Best of all, it’s still healthy!
Make sure to use rolled oats as opposed to quick or steel-cut oats, or else the ingredients will be off. And finally, feel free to experiment with different nuts and dried fruit to add your own twist!
Yields: 2 servings | Calories: 234 | Total Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 90mg | Carbohydrates: 41g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 21g | Protein: 5g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 10
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 tablespoon dark unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup pureed plain pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- In sauce pot, bring almond milk to a boil. Add oats and reduce to a simmer. Continue to cook, stirring often, until oats are cooked and all liquids is absorbed. Quickly stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and chocolate until chocolate is melted and distributed throughout. Mix in pumpkin and honey, stirring until mixed throughout oatmeal. Spoon into bowls and top with cherries and almonds. Serve and enjoy!
If you’re stretched for time in the mornings, try our Overnight Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oats recipe!
What is your favorite pumpkin recipe? Share it with us in the comments section!