Detox and relax in our warm ginger bath!
Bubble baths are a lovely way to relax, taking care of both your body and your mind. Lower the lights, set some music, and enjoy the soothing feeling of warm water and the scent of aromatherapy. Allow us to take your next bubble bath to the next level with detoxifying benefits and anti-inflammatory properties. Our ginger detox bath will help you take the stress of the world off your shoulders. Pamper yourself with just hot water, ginger and Epsom salt.
2 Simple Ingredients (and Why They Work)
Ginger offers numerous health benefits when ingested. But what’s good for the inside the body is good for the outside as well. Ginger is a miracle ingredient. Both topically and ingested, ginger can relieve muscle spasms, pain from arthritis, nausea, menstrual cramps, headaches, and cold and flu symptoms. Ginger also promotes sweating, allowing your body to get rid of toxins.
Epsom salt is well known for its multiple benefits for the body. Most commonly used on our feet to soothe them from continuous wear and tear, applying Epsom salt to your body has all the same benefits and more.
Epsom salt is not a salt at all. It’s a naturally occurring mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate. Epsom salt works on a chemical level to rejuvenate our bodies mentally and physically. Stress, the most prominent and reoccurring antagonist to our body, drains our body of magnesium and increases our levels of adrenaline. Adrenaline is not something we need constantly active in our bodies because it causes an unnecessary increase of our heart rate, blood pressure and anxiety.
When dissolved in water, Epsom salt dissolves and our body absorbs the magnesium, helping to relieve stress. Magnesium also helps release serotonin, which is a feel good chemical that increases energy and stamina. For this bath, you’ll get the extra benefits of muscle relief, anti-inflammation, revitalization of your nervous system, and most importantly, a detoxing of heavy metals and other toxins from your body.
DIY Ginger Bath Detox
What to Do
1. Fill your tub up with hot, but comfortable, water. Allow enough room for you to be submerged in the tub up to your shoulders.
2. While the water is running, shave 2-3 tablespoons of ginger and add it to the water. You can also use ginger powder for an easier preparation.
3. Pour 2 cups of Epsom salt into the water.
4. Grab a glass, thermos, or liter of water, for drinking.
5. Enter the tub slowly and submerge your body. Inhale the scent of the bath to relax your mind and clear out your lungs and nasal passages.
6. Soak in the tub for 20-30 minutes for a full detox.
7. The ginger will begin to warm your body internally and externally. The heat simply means the detox is in effect.
8. Keep a cool, damp towel nearby to help to avoid overheating. You can apply it to the back of your neck or your forehead.
9. Drink water periodically during your detox in order to avoid excessive dehydration. (You may want to plan ahead and drink plenty of water prior to starting the detox.)
10. Once you are done, immediately wrap your body with a bathrobe and towels. Although you’re done with the bath, the detox will stay in effect for an hour on average.
11. Make sure to drink plenty of water afterward.
12. You can perform this detox up to 3 times per week, to help revitalize and purify your body and mind.
Sources: SaltWorks, PureInsideOut, Buzzle
You just graced your body with ginger on the outside, now it’s time to put some ginger inside. Check out some of our favorites recipes which feature the magic of ginger: