Green Bean Crunchies are healthy dog treats that are ideal for adult dogs, especially overweight dogs. Dogs love these crunchies and you’ll love that there are only two ingredients, both which are superfoods. Green beans are an excellent source of vitamins, A, C, and E, as well as fiber, potassium, and magnesium. Dogs thrive on antioxidant rich foods such as green beans. Olive oil is another superfood that has many health benefits for dogs. This antioxidant helps to give dogs more energy, improve their immune system, and reduce dry skin. Green Bean Crunchies are a good choice when giving a treat to overweight dogs. Be sure to use portion control when giving your dog any type of treats or biscuits.
NOTE: Check with your veterinarian before making any changes to your pet’s diet. Also, please be aware of any allergies your pet may have to specific ingredients and avoid ingredients which have caused reactions in your pets in the past. If you are unsure about a specific ingredient found in one of our recipes, introduce the food to your pets in small amounts first.
- 16 ounces frozen, cut green beans (about 5 cups), thawed and any excess water drained (without salt)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Add green beans and oil to a mixing bowl and toss to coat beans. Evenly spread green beans on a large, parchment lined or non-stick, baking sheet. Dry beans in the oven for 8 hours or until all beans are crunchy. Turn off the oven and allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Optional Dehydrator Instructions: Dry at 170 degrees for 8 hours or until crunchy.
- *I usually dry my green beans in the oven overnight.
Make sure that you subscribe to our newsletter, so that you don’t miss out on all things SkinnyMs.
We’d love to hear what you think of this post, or what you’d like to see on our site. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.https://skinnyms.com/make-ahead-healthy-dog-food-recipe/