No cook, easy prep.
Looking for a summer recipe that meets all of your criteria as a busy, health-conscious eater with a penchant for bold, delicious flavors? This healthy gazpacho recipe hits all of the marks. No cook? Check. Superfoods? Check. Clean eating? Check. Low in fat and calories? Check. Bursting with some of the brightest, tangiest, zestiest flavor you can imagine? Absolutely. Serve this no cook chilled gazpacho to friends and family for an easy recipe that will impress even your foodie friends and clean eating devotees.
The base of this soup is purely ripe, juicy tomatoes, with their phytonutrients and tangy flavor. Choose the variety that’s in season and feels just ripe to you. Now add onion for a depth of flavor and red pepper for that mildly spicy sweetness. Garlic is a crowd pleaser, and cucumber gives the soup a light, refreshing, mellow feel that compliments the more bold and pungent ingredients. Add just a little extra virgin olive oil with vinegar, salt, and pepper, and simply blend your ingredients. No stovetop or oven necessary.
When you’ve blended up this delightful soup, serve it with a beautiful garnish of bell pepper, cucumber, and herbs. This soup is a feats for the eyes, a gourmet treat that will have your summer time guests traveling from your patio to sun drenched southern Spain. Serve it with a variety of tapas, or just as an appetizer before you grill up your main feature for your loved ones.
Easy Chilled Gazpacho
For the Gazpacho
- 1 pound tomatoes ripe, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove small, minced
- 1/2 cup cucumber coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar or sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the Toppings
- 1/4 cup cucumber finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley basil or cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- Blend together all of the gazpacho ingredients in the blender. This might have to be done in two batches and then combined so that it will fit in the blender.
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour and serve cold.
- Serve with toppings on the side or add them directly to the soup. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Make sure that you subscribe to our daily newsletter, so that you don’t miss out on anything Skinny Ms.