Want to make the most of your meal prep? Make several meals in one sitting, then pop them in the freezer for whenever you need a healthy eat, quick! This simple recipe will walk you through how to prep, wrap, and freezer 12 deliciously healthy burritos. Keep them in your freezer, and anytime you’re hungry, you can just microwave or bake them until toasty warm and melty. Scrumptious and so simple!
Yields: 12 servings | Serving Size: 1 burrito | Calories: 404 | Total Fat:13 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 395 mg | Carbohydrates: 60 g | Dietary Fiber: 10 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 14 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 13
- 6 small zucchini, diced
- 6 small yellow squash, diced
- 3 red peppers, diced
- 3 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 sweet onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 large whole wheat tortillas
- 3 (15 ounce) cans organic refried black beans
- 6 cups reduced fat sharp cheddar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, place zucchini, yellow squash, red peppers, green peppers, and onion. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper generously.
- Cook in preheated oven for 12-18 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Spoon 1/4 can of black beans into the center of a tortilla. Top with 1/2 cup cheese. Scoop 3/4 cup of veggies on top.
- Fold in the edges of the tortilla, then roll the tortilla into a burrito. Wrap several times in plastic wrap. Store in a large freezer bag. Repeat until all 12 burritos are wrapped.
- Label freezer bag with date. Freeze for up to 1 month.
- To reheat, place a burrito in microwave. Cook until heated in the center (about 3-5 minutes). Or reheat several burritos as once by placing them in a baking dish, spraying with olive oil cooking spray, and cook at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Serve with your favorite no-preservative salsa or hot sauce and enjoy!