Prep, wrap, and freeze dinner in a breeze.
Want to make the most of your meal prep? These make-ahead roasted veggie burritos are a great option! In addition to being easy and fast, they’re also full of healthy ingredients that will nourish you body (especially when you’re in a pinch!) Each burrito contains 14 grams of protein and a hefty dose of fiber. These two things will keep you full and focused.
Stay on Track by Meal-Prepping!
Make several meals in one sitting, then pop them in the freezer for whenever you need a healthy eat, quick! This simple recipe will walk you through how to prep, wrap, and freeze 12 deliciously healthy burritos. Keep them in your freezer, and anytime you’re hungry, you can just microwave or bake them until toasty warm and melty. Scrumptious and so simple!
We love recipes that allow us to prep ahead of time because they’re extremely helpful at keeping us on track. Whether your goal is to lose weight or maintain your current weight, having nutritious meals readily available can stop you from grabbing something unhealthy. After a long, hard day, the last thing you’re going to want to do is come home and cook! Make these burritos on Sunday afternoon, and have meals ready for the week! No stress required.
Make-Ahead Roasted Veggie Burritos
- 6 zucchini small, diced
- 6 yellow squash small, diced
- 3 red peppers diced
- 3 green bell peppers diced
- 1 sweet onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 whole-wheat tortillas large
- 45 ounces refried black beans cans, organic
- 6 cups sharp cheddar cheese reduced-fat
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, place zucchini, yellow squash, red peppers, green peppers, and onion. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper generously.
- Cook in preheated oven for 12-18 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Spoon 1/4 can of black beans into the center of a tortilla. Top with 1/2 cup cheese. Scoop 3/4 cup of veggies on top.
- Fold in the edges of the tortilla, then roll the tortilla into a burrito. Wrap several times in plastic wrap. Store in a large freezer bag. Repeat until all 12 burritos are wrapped.
- Label freezer bag with date. Freeze for up to 1 month.
- To reheat, place a burrito in microwave. Cook until heated in the center (about 3-5 minutes). Or reheat several burritos as once by placing them in a baking dish, spraying with olive oil cooking spray, and cook at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Serve with your favorite no-preservative salsa or hot sauce and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms