Looking for a fresh way to put a healthy twist on your favorite pasta dish this summer? We’ve got just the solution! This healthy pasta recipe is a quick and simple summertime pasta that’s big on flavor, and easy on prep. You can make this delicious pasta dish in just 20 minutes. Light enough for lunch, it also makes an absolutely delicious no-bake dinner during the hot months. Your body will feel refreshed after eating this healthy dish, your kitchen will stay cool, and your life will be ever more delicious. Make, serve, and enjoy!
We’ve gathered a beautiful array of seasonal produce for this pasta recipe. Go to your local farmer’s market, and you’re sure to find fresh, in-season arugula, grape tomatoes, and cucumber. Toss in kalamata olives for a rich, Mediterranean feel that especially complements the tomatoes and cucumber, and add a bit of extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and garlic for extra flavor.
You can also load up on protein by adding pine nuts, feta, or parmesan cheese. Since this pasta is reminiscent of the flavors of Italy and the Mediterranean, these nuts and cheeses, from the same region, are the perfect way to add flavor and protein to your dish. And for an even more healthy meal, substitute whole wheat pasta for white pasta. Whole wheat pasta is a complex carbohydrate that contains heart healthy fiber and will keep you energized.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup of pasta | Calories: 250 | Total Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 64 mg | Carbohydrates: 33 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 6 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 3 cups pasta, cooked
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts, feta, or parmesan (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, toss together arugula, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, pine nuts (if desired), olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and add hot pasta to the arugula mixture. Toss to coat. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Make sure that you subscribe to our newsletter, so that you don’t miss out on anything SkinnyMs.!
We’d love to hear what you think of this post, or what you’d like to see on our site. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.