Any time a recipe is described as “easy,” I’m open to giving it a shot. Throw in my favorite combination of ingredients (I’m looking at you peanut butter and banana), and I’m all over it. These easy peanut butter banana cookies are super simple to make, and just as enjoyable to eat! You can trust me; I’m a cookie connoisseur.
My husband was actually the first one to point out that I literally do a little shimmy every time I eat peanut butter and banana. Fittingly, I now refer to it as my peanut butter and banana dance! The moment I took a bite of one of these cookies, I was ready to hit the dance floor. Give these cookies a try, and I guarantee you’ll be dancing too!
Related: Peanut Butter Swirl Fudge
Simple, Scrumptious, and So Worth It
Aside from only requiring a few ingredients, the process of preparing these cookies is incredibly simple. Drop the avocado, banana, eggs, creamy peanut butter, and vanilla extract in a food processor and blend until smooth. To keep the mini semi-sweet chocolate chips from getting chopped up, you’ll want to stir those in by hand.
Avocado in a Cookie?
Using avocados in baked goods is a relatively new trend, but we believe it is here to stay! If you haven’t tried baking with avocado yet, you’re quite literally in for a treat. Not only does avocado add a ton of nutrients to a recipe, but it also adds a wonderfully creamy texture. When it comes to peanut butter cookies, there’s no such thing as “too creamy.”
Worth Every Bite
Scoop about two tablespoons of the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet. The cookies will only need to bake for about eight minutes, so this whole recipe comes together super quickly. They may still be a little soft when they first come out of the oven, but they will firm up a bit as they cool down.
Because these cookies are just shy of 300 calories per serving, they are meant to be an occasional treat. That said, they’re worth every calorie!
Easy Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
- 1 avocado peeled and pit removed
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients except for chocolate chips in a food processor and blend until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop the cookie batter onto the prepared baking sheet, about 2 tablespoons per cookie. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. The cookies will still be a little soft and will firm up as they cool.
Are you going to try these easy peanut butter banana cookies? If so, be sure to let us know what you thought in the comment section. Also, remember to follow us on Pinterest for all of our future cookie recipes!