Perfect for a weekend breakfast. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!
If you’re looking for a healthy breakfast that’s both delicious and beautiful, look no further! With an egg baked into the center of acorn squash, this breakfast packs both flavor and aesthetic. This Egg and Bacon Stuffed Acorn Squash is guaranteed to impress guests. Acorn squash adds a rich taste to your morning eggs, while olive oil and thyme complete the subtle and elegant flavor combination. Meanwhile, crumbled turkey bacon ensures you don’t miss out on a breakfast favorite, without the high fat of regular bacon. Serve alongside our Avocado Breakfast Toast for a truly impressive brunch!
Egg and Bacon Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 1 acorn squash large (about 4 inch)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 eggs large
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 slices turkey bacon cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Trim off the ends of the squash and discard. Slice the squash width-wise into 4 equal round slices. Remove the seeds from the center of each.
- Brush both sides of the squash rings with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 350. Crack an egg into the center of each acorn slice and bake for 12 minutes or until eggs are cooked. Sprinkle with thyme and bacon. Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Follow us on Pinterest for more breakfast ideas!