Shake up breakfast!
These delectable egg and toast cups really shake up breakfast! This recipe puts a brilliant twist on two breakfast staples. All you have to do is shape bread slices into muffin cups and crack an egg in each round. Once baked to perfection, you’ll have warm, crunchy toast cradling a fluffy egg.
This dish is an excellent source of protein for any diet. Add a layer of cheddar cheese for a gooey, mouthwatering touch, or a slice of lean turkey if you have morning meat cravings. Vegetarians still get plenty of nutrients from the eggs without sacrificing any flavor. Even your breakfast-skipping friends will savor these light and fluffy Egg and Toast Breakfast Cups!
Egg and Toast Breakfast Cups Recipe
- 6 slices whole-wheat bread crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese reduced-fat, grated (optional)
- 3 slices nitrate-free deli turkey or vegan turkey substitute, sliced in half (optional)
- 6 eggs large
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 6 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray or lightly grease with olive oil. Lightly press each slice of bread into a round. Fold over and press edges of the bread to fit in the muffin cup, if necessary.
- Brush each slice of bread with olive oil. The back of a spoon can be used if you do not have a pastry or basting brush. Sprinkle the bottom of each cup with cheddar cheese, if using. Add a layer of turkey, folded over to fit if using.
- Crack an egg into each bread round. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the whites of the eggs are set.
- Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What would you like to see on Skinny Ms.? Let us know!