Eggs are among the world’s healthiest foods. They’re packed with protein and contain almost every nutrient. Toast is a classic partner to morning eggs, and with good reason. Whole-grain bread has loads of fiber, which helps regulate your blood sugar and keep you full until lunch. What’s not to love about this nutritious power duo? Well, we wanted to jazz up this timeless combo by trying something new. These egg clouds on whole-grain toast are a whole new and beautiful way of enjoying your favorite breakfast foods. They’re light, fluffy, healthy, and easy to make in batches. Make them for yourself, or impress a whole crowd at your next brunch. You can even personalize them by adding cheese or avocado! Yum!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 slice of toast, 1 egg cloud | Calories: 150 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 185mg | Carbohydrates: 13g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 10g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4
- 4 large eggs, cold
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Place the egg whites in a mixing bowl and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form when the whip is lifted out of the bowl.
- Carefully spoon the whipped egg whites on to the prepared baking sheet into four large mounds. Using the back of the spoon, create a well in the center of each and place one yolk inside each well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until egg whites are lightly browned and yolks are firm. If a runny yolk is desired, bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- While the eggs are baking toast each slice of bread to desired done-ness. Serve egg clouds on top of toast. Enjoy!
- TIP: add some pizzazz to your egg whites by folding in 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese to the whipped egg whites before baking. You can also top the yolk with low fat shredded mozzarella cheese before baking. Last, slice and avocado and top the toast with the slices before adding the egg cloud!