Just in time for fall, these quinoa cakes are the perfect complement to a healthy, veggie-packed meal or a great salad topper! These are inspired by some of my favorite fall flavors as well as the fabulous Tone It Up ladies who introduced me to quinoa cakes in the first place!
About Clean Food Creative Fitness: Clean Food Creative Fitness is a blog written by Danielle, an avid CrossFitter, Health Coach, Former Dancer, and Nutrition Fanatic! Clean Food Creative Fitness is based in Boston and features recipes that are always gluten free, minimally processed, and often times Paleo! Danielle is all about viewing food as fuel but making it fun along the way! Check out the blog Clean Food Creative Fitness.
Yields: 3 servings | Serving Size: 2 quinoa cakes | Calories: 204 | Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 60 mg | Carbohydrates: 38 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 8 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6 |
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 medium sweet potato baked
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine 1 cup of the cooked quinoa with the inside of the baked sweet potato and mash together.
- Add in your egg white, applesauce, and cinnamon and continue to mix.
- Slowly add the remaining 1 cup of quinoa to the mix.
- Form into patties and place on a baking sheet sprayed with olive oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and flip the cakes. Then bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Makes 6 cakes!
- Little tip: Not a fan of cinnamon? Swap the 1/2 tbs. of cinnamon for 1 tsp. of sage for a more savory cake!