Believe it or not, Summer will be here before you know it. If the anticipation of bathing suit season has gotten you down, get ready to breathe a sigh of relief! Our get ready for summer workout will give your fitness routine a much-needed boost and help whip you into shape.
Get Ready for Summer Workout
Equipment needed: A yoga mat or soft surface and an interval timer (your phone timer will work great!)
What to do: Perform the exercises in any order and work to your ability level. This one routine will be performed a minimum of 3 times per week (although you can feel free to do it up to 5 times each week.) Stick to this plan for at least 4 weeks. Check out the instructional videos below to ensure that you’re using correct form.
1. Plank – 3 sets of 30 seconds each.
2. Wall Sit – Sit for as long as you can before standing.
3. Quick Feet – 3 sets of 45-60 seconds.
4. Push-Up – 3 sets of 10.
5. Body Squat – 3 sets of 10.
6. Crunches – Do one set of as many as you can. Work to increase your maximum number.
7. Lunges – 3 sets of 10 on each leg.
8. Triceps Dips – 3 sets of 10-20 dips.