When the clock strikes summer, you'll be ready.
Believe it or not, Summer will be here before you know it. If the anticipation of bathing suit season has gotten you down, get ready to breathe a sigh of relief! Our get ready for summer workout will give your fitness routine a much-needed boost and help whip you into shape.
Get Ready for Summer Workout
Equipment needed: A yoga mat or soft surface and an interval timer (your phone timer will work great!)
What to do: Perform the exercises in any order and work to your ability level. This one routine will be performed a minimum of 3 times per week (although you can feel free to do it up to 5 times each week.) Stick to this plan for at least 4 weeks. Check out the instructional videos below to ensure that you’re using correct form.
1. Plank – 3 sets of 30 seconds each.
2. Wall Sit – Sit for as long as you can before standing.
3. Quick Feet – 3 sets of 45-60 seconds.
4. Push-Up – 3 sets of 10.
5. Body Squat – 3 sets of 10.
6. Crunches – Do one set of as many as you can. Work to increase your maximum number.
7. Lunges – 3 sets of 10 on each leg.
8. Triceps Dips – 3 sets of 10-20 dips.