We like to think of our Ginger Mint Detox Herbal Tea as a detox mojito, minus the alcohol of course. Ginger is a great way to stave off hunger as well as stimulate digestion and prevent inflammation. Mint also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent, and helps you absorb nutrients. All of the elements in this detox tea help to flush out toxins, prevent gas, and as a result, flatten your tummy.
Incorporate detox drinks like this into your daily diet by subbing them in for snacks or just sipping on them throughout the day in place of plain water. They are a delicious way to reach your recommended fluid levels and help regulate your digestive system. Cheers to that!
Yields: 1 serving | Calories: 32 | Total Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 10mg | Carbohydrates: 9g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 7g | Protein: 0g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2
- 8 ounces water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, bring all ingredients to boil, stirring frequently to dissolve honey. Once boiling, simmer for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove mint leaves. Pour into cup and enjoy!
- TIP: Chill tea and pour over ice for a cool iced tea option on a hot day