These cookies were created by Tammie from Simple. Healthy. Tasty. After years of struggling with her weight and feeling deprived on diets Tammie changed her lifestyle. The weight came off and has stayed off for more than twelve years.
Yields: 2 dozen | Serving Size: 1 cookie | Calories: 148 | Total Fat: 7.1 g | Saturated Fat: 6.0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 7 mg | Sodium: 608 mg | Carbohydrates: 20.1 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 10.9 g | Protein: 1.4 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg or Egg Replacer
- 1 cup Sucanat
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (I use soft white wheat)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon each of ground cloves,
- nutmeg, and sea salt
- Cream together oil and Sucanat. Add Egg or Replacer and molasses then mix in spices, soda and salt. Add flour last mix well if needed you may add up to 1/2 cup more flour to get a good dough consistency.
- Roll into walnut sized balls. May roll in Raw sugar in you want. Place on cookie sheet press down gently with hand to flatten. Alternately, flatten all of the dough together with a rolling pin on wax paper and use cookie cutters to make shapes such as stars.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes longer if you like crunchy Ginger Snaps. Let cool for 3-5 minutes before removing from pan to cooling rack.