These festive pancakes taste delicious on winter mornings!
Frying these grain-free protein pancakes will infuse your home with the smell of gingerbread all morning long.
This devine gluten free pancake recipe was created by Leanne is a Holistic Nutritionist and writer for her wholesome living blog Healthful Pursuit where she shares her passion for eating intuitively, and creating gluten-free and often allergen-free recipes. Join Leanne on Pinterest for more fantastic recipes.
RECIPE SIGNUP: If you’re interested in receiving the newest and best recipes via email from Skinny Ms., signup here: daily eNewsletter
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk I used unsweetened almond milk
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp freshly ground flax + 3 tbsp water (1/4cup egg whites for non-vegan recipe)
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract gluten-free
- 10 vanilla stevia drops or 2 tbsp xylitol *see note
- 2/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder gluten-free
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine almond milk and chia and allow to sit for 10 minutes – this will get the chia all gelatinous and good for your digestion. Alternatively, allow the chia to soak overnight in the milk, then add to the recipe.
- Preheat a small non-stick pan on medium-low heat for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to the wet ingredients.
- Stir until just mixed.
- Pour ¼ of the mixture into the preheated pan. Allow the first side to cook for 3-4 minutes, or until bubbles form and the edges begin to turn golden.
- Flip and allow to cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Place completed pancake on cooling rack and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with melted coconut oil, maple syrup, chopped apple and pecans.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms