You'll be dreaming about this Gluten-Free Orange Creamsicle Cake for days!
One of the biggest misconceptions people have about dieting is the belief that all things “yummy” must be avoided. If you work hard, eat right, and regularly put solid effort in at the gym, you deserve to treat yourself every once in a while. Doing so will keep you from feeling deprived, thus increasing your chances of weight-loss success! If you’re going to indulge and have dessert, this Gluten-Free Orange Creamsicle Cake is the perfect, guilt-free way to do so!
Related: How to Go Gluten-Free for Beginners
Clean Ingredients that Taste Amazing
We decided to make this cake even healthier by using 100% gluten-free flours and starches. This way, our gluten-free readers can have a taste! In addition to being gluten-free, this recipe uses all natural ingredients like coconut sugar, unsweetened coconut milk, and fresh orange juice. This means that clean eaters can dig in as well. It’s truly a dessert made for everyone!
Dreamy Creamsicle Aromas and Flavors
Just imagine the wonderful aromas of orange zest and warm vanilla filling your home. If you think this recipe is going to smell good, just wait until you taste it! As if the scents, flavors, and clean ingredients in our Orange Creamsicle Cake wasn’t enough of a reason to try it, this light and delicious dessert is only 170 calories per serving!
What are you waiting for? Make this dreamy, gluten-free orange creamsicle cake today!
Gluten-Free Orange Creamsicle Cake
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free potato starch
- 1/4 cup gluten-free corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk (not canned coconut milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a cake pan with parchment paper and lightly spray it with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bow, sift together the almond flour, all-purpose flour, potato starch, corn starch, baking powder, and sugar.
- In a small bowl, beat together the coconut milk, eggs, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Mix well.
- Gradually add the coconut milk mix to the flour mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Top with your favorite vanilla frosting once cooled.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Are you going to try this scrumptious, healthy dessert? It makes a great addition to any spring picnic, summertime cook-out, or party! Let us know what your plans are for this cake in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also want to check out some of our other favorite desserts, including:
- Greek Yogurt Orange Pound Cake
- Creamy Orange Passion Smoothie
- Creamsicle Chia Seed Pudding
- Honey Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting