Your next holiday dinner doesn’t have to be loaded with fat and empty calories. Why not go healthier and gluten-free with this Gluten Free Quinoa Holiday Dressing? Quinoa is a great alternative to the bread and rice usually found in dressings and casseroles, and our Quinoa Holiday Dressing is proof that you don’t have to give up taste for nutrition. Be sure to make plenty, though. This satisfying recipe is sure to go quickly! Learn more about the health benefits of quinoa here.
Gluten-Free Quinoa Holiday Dressing
- 1 cup quinoa pre-rinsed
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth low-fat and low-sodium (optional vegetable broth)
- 8 cups bread gluten-free, lightly toasted, cut or torn into bite-size cubes
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning or Skinny Ms. Poultry Seasoning with a Hint of Citrus recipe
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons pure butter melted
- 2 cups celery finely diced
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 2 to 4 cups chicken broth low-fat and low-sodium (optional vegetable broth)
- In a medium saucepan, add quinoa and broth, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to a simmer. Cook quinoa until most liquid has been absorbed, about 12 minutes. Quinoa will continue to cook when baking. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Tear or cut toast into small, bite-size pieces. Combine toast pieces, quinoa, pepper, salt, and poultry seasoning in a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet add butter and saute celery and onion on medium-low heat until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Pour over cubed toast mixture. Add 2 cups broth and stir to combine. Add additional broth for a more moist dressing.
- Lightly mist a large casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and add the dressing. Bake covered for 20 minutes, remove lid or foil and bake uncovered an additional 10 minutes or until the desired color has been reached.