These Greek Yogurt Pancakes with Blueberries & Honey take a lighter approach to a breakfast and brunch staple. Unlike most pancakes, they aren’t laden with cream, refined sugar, or other high-calorie ingredients. Instead, we used white whole wheat flour, Greek yogurt, eggs, and coconut milk to optimize flavor. And the best part? This recipe remains true to our healthy mantra. Blueberries and honey make these Greek yogurt pancakes naturally sweet and guilt-free.
You can serve these at your next brunch, or just whip up a batch for your next weekend family breakfast! You can add or substitute fruit toppings, such as strawberries or bananas, or drizzle with a touch more honey or maple syrup if your sweet tooth isn’t satisfied.
Yields: 2 servings | Calories: 284 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 1016mg | Carbohydrates: 44g | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 34g | Protein: 15g | SmartPoints: 11
- 1 1/2 cups flour (we used white whole wheat)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly whipped
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt (plain)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (optional, almond or regular milk)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries, divided
- 1/4 cup honey or pure maple syrup, for serving
- In small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut oil, eggs, Greek yogurt, milk. and vanilla. Gradually add flour mix into the yogurt mix. Gently stir until just combined, a few lump will be remaining. Fold in 1/2 cup blueberries.
- Lightly spray griddle or nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and turn to medium heat. Once hot, pour approximately 1/4 cup batter onto skillet or griddle. When edges of pancakes begin to look dry and bubbles in the center, flip over. Cook until second side is golden, about 1-2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve sprinkled with remaining blueberries and drizzle with honey or maple syrup.
- If desired, top with sliced almonds.
Adapted from Michael Symon & The Chew.