A veggie side you'll look forward to!
It’s summertime! Bring out the refreshing. Bring out the zest. Bring out the Skinny Ms. Grilled Asparagus with Lemon and Parsley! Just a little more veggie and just a little less of typical outdoor, summertime, cookout fare will contribute to getting and keeping that beach bod you’ve been dreaming about. And what else? Getting your veggies makes you feel better, mentally and physically. Greens are your friends. Grilled asparagus is your buddy. This is a veggie side dish you’ll want to dig into.
The Skinny Ms. Grilled Asparagus with Lemon and Parsley recipe is super quick, super easy, and super tasty. You might toss some asparagus into your weekly meal plan because you know you should eat your veggies, but by tweaking the preparation of these green veggies just every so slightly (the Skinny Ms. way!), they won’t just be there because they should, they’ll be there because you will want them. Need we say more? Get to it. Get your delicious summer veggie zest on!
All you need is some asparagus, a lemon, a bit of olive oil, a little salt and pepper, and the green guest ingredient – parsley! Parsley often seems like an afterthought, but don’t be fooled. Parsley is a nutritious green in its own right. While the asparagus is busy packing in the fiber, parsley brings a veritable jackpot of vitamins! Let’s get this party started.
Grilled Asparagus with Lemon and Parsley
- 1 pound asparagus large bunch, medium-sized
- 4 lemon slices
- 1/4 cup parsley freshly chopped, optional
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt divided
- Oil the grates of a grill and set it to medium-high, or oil a grill pan and place it over medium heat on the stovetop.
- Toss asparagus in 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Grill asparagus for five minutes per side, until grill marks are formed and asparagus is tender but still bright green and pliable, but not limp.
- Toss lemon slices in remaining olive oil. Grill over high heat for about two minutes per side, until the lemons are blackened in spots. Note that lemons should be well cooked because doing so removes most of the bitterness that would otherwise be in the pith.
- Remove lemons from grill and chop each entire slice finely ( it will be mushy), including the peel. Discard any seeds.
- Place the asparagus in a bowl and toss with the chopped lemon, and remaining salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired, to serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Stay informed about new recipes, workouts, and other healthy lifestyle topics by subscribing to our newsletter. Join our fun and thriving community on our Facebook page and check out our Pinterest, too!
Have some feedback for us? Let us know what you think of this post in the comments section below. Don’t forget to let us know what you’d like to read about in the future!