A quick and easy dinner for any night of the week.
When we crave protein, we often opt for beef. Any red meat should be consumed in moderation, but this dish does combine iron and protein with carbohydrates, for sustained energy, and even some fiber when you throw in a leafy salad. This nutritious meal is simple, with plain corn on the cob flavored with paprika to give it a tasty kick, while the beef gets its great flavor from the warm extra virgin olive oil infused with garlic.
Grilled One-Minute Steak and Paprika Corn on the Cob
- 4 ears of corn
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 4 slices tender cut steak thin (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cups salad leaves optional
- On a hot griddle, cook the corn until tender. While cooking sprinkle them with the paprika and half the salt.
- Meantime, over medium-high heat, in a small saucepan, warm up the extra virgin olive oil the sautè the garlic. When the garlic turns golden brown, take them away from the pan and discard them. Keep the oil warm by leaving the heat to the lowest.
- Over high heat, on a very hot griddle, cook the steak for 30 seconds each side. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Put the steak in the saucepan with oil just to absorb the flavors. Turn to coat both sides.
- Serve immediately with the corn and salad if using.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
More protein-rich recipes to enjoy at Skinny Ms.:
Top 10 Beef Recipes
Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Bee
Lean Meatballs with Teriyaki Sauce
Slow Cooker Fiesta Beef Soup
Garlic and Herb Beef Roast with Potatoes
Make sure you subscribe to our daily newsletter so you don’t miss out anything on Skinny Ms.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.