A fizzy crowd-pleaser that's good for you, too!
Lemon and ginger are such a great, revitalizing combination, that when they are added to some fizzy, sparkling water, the most perfect of healthy drinks is created. Ginger has quite a history when it comes to offering benefits and flavor to American beverages. Ginger ale was America’s most popular soft drink from 1890- 1930 because ginger was a known remedy for stomach ailments.
Ginger has a lot of medicinal properties. It can help with pain, inflammation, headaches, motion sickness, nausea, pms, and more. It can also alleviate some cold or flu symptoms, so this homemade ginger ale of sorts will be great to imbibe in if you’re feeling sick.
You might also like some of these other tasty Flavored Water Recipes from Skinny Ms.
Healthy Lemon-Ginger Sparkling Water
- 2 lemons juiced
- 4 inches ginger root juiced
- 6 to 8 cups seltzer water or mineral water
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or 1 1/4 teaspoons liquid stevia
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Grate the ginger on the finest holes of a box grater (cheese grater). With a spoon scrape any of the minced ginger from the back of the grater and into a bowl. Put the minced ginger in a cheesecloth and squeeze the juice into a bowl. If there’s no cheesecloth, the ginger can be squeezed through the hands.
- Alternatively, process the ginger until fine in a food processor and then squeeze through a cheesecloth or just with your hands into a bowl.
- Combine the ginger juice, lemon juice, and sweetener and add an even amount to 4 glasses filled with ice. Top with seltzer or mineral water and stir well.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite recipe from Skinny Ms.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.