Lasagna takes on Tex-Mex in this killer recipe!
Healthy Tex-Mex Lasagna was submitted by Julia Roccaforte.
This twist on traditional lasagna proves to be out-of-this-world delicious. Here’s another recipe for Meatless Mondays.
Healthy Tex-Mex Lasagna
- 1 red onion large, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup portabella mushrooms chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
- 14 ounces tomato sauce can
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon agave nectar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 corn tortillas
Avocado Cream sauce (Cheese replacement)
- 2 avocados ripe, medium
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup coconut milk canned
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cup cilantro packed
- green onion sliced, for garnish
- cilantro chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly oil a 9×11 baking dish.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and saute for 5 min. or until onion is translucent. Add mushroom, bell pepper, spinach and olives. Sauté for about 5-7 min then add tomato sauce and ½ cup water. Add turmeric, paprika, chili powder, brown sugar, and taste to add salt as needed. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer.
- Place avocado flesh in blender or food processor along with lime juice, coconut milk, ½ cup water, cilantro and seasoning. Blend or process on low for about a minute.
- Spread the cream sauce onto one side of each of the tortillas.
- Now assemble the lasagna. Pour half of the filling mix in the bottom of the dish, top with 5 corn tortillas. Add the rest of the filling. Top with the 5 tortillas.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with green onion and remaining cilantro for garnish.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms