Healthy Tex-Mex Lasagna was submitted by Julia Roccaforte.
This twist on traditional lasagna proves to be out-of-this-world delicious. Here’s another recipe for Meatless Mondays.
Yield: 10 Servings | Serving Size: About 1 cup | Calories: 182 | Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Carbohydrates: 24 g | Fiber: 7 g | Sugar: 5 g |Protein: 4 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 503 mg | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5
- 1 Large red onion diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup chopped portabella mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 14 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Turmeric
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. Chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp. Agave nectar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 med. Ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp. Lime juice
- 1/4 c. canned coconut milk
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 c. packed cilantro
- Sliced green onion and chopped cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly oil a 9×11 baking dish
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and saute for 5 min. or until onion is translucent. Add mushroom, bell pepper, spinach and olives. Sauté for about 5-7 min then add tomato sauce and ½ cup water. Add turmeric, paprika, chili powder, brown sugar, and taste to add salt as needed. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer.
- Place avocado flesh in blender or food processor along with lime juice, coconut milk, ½ cup water, cilantro and seasoning. Blend or process on low for about a minute.
- Spread the cream sauce onto one side of each of the tortillas.
- Now assemble the lasagna. Pour half of the filling mix in the bottom of the dish, top with 5 corn tortillas. Add the rest of the filling. Top with the 5 tortillas.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with green onion and remaining cilantro for garnish.