They taste like grandma's- without adding inches to your waistline.
These aren’t your grandmother’s fat-laden oatmeal cookies, but we bet you they’ll taste just as good! You’ll want to savor each and every decadent bite. Plus, they have no cholesterol and are a good way to get some manganese into your clean-eating plan. Enjoy in moderation, though; these are definitely a treat!
Looking to ditch dairy, but can’t nibble cookies without milk? Give one of these Milk Alternatives a try.
Hearty Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or other healthy oil, such as safflower
- 3 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry mix, and blend well with a wooden spoon. Portion out 16 cookies onto parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, or until just golden brown.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms