Delight guests with a healthy side!
Looking for a new couscous recipe to accompany your salmon or roasted chicken? This whole-wheat couscous with arugula and pistachios is sure to be a hit. It gets its bright green flavor from a combination of several fresh herbs, and the peppery arugula is complimented nicely by the subtle crunch of the pistachios. It’s the perfect side dish for roasted meats or fish, or to bring to a cookout or pot luck.
Herbed Couscous with Arugula and Pistachios
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachios roasted and salted
- 2 cups baby arugula leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the couscous with the stock in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover and turn off the heat. Allow to sit for 10 minutes, covered.
- Put the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the pistachios and pulse until roughly chopped. Transfer to a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- When the couscous is done, add it to the bowl and toss with the herb paste. Stir the arugula into the hot couscous and stir until wilted. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Like what you see? Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.