Filling falafel with a piquant tahini sauce. Scrumptious!
Super simple and easy to make Falafel! Try this lighter recipe, which is baked instead of fried!
This recipe comes from May I Have That Recipe. Vicky and Ruth, two sisters born and raised in Barcelona, Spain who now live in a small town on the east coast. We grew up eating the best, most flavorful, comforting home cooked meals you could ever imagine. So when we moved here to the US, we decided to bring a piece of it with us and share it with everyone we’ve met throughout the years. After all, what better way to make new friends and share our culture than through food? Which brought us to how this blog started: from our passion for food, our love for people and our need to share both.
The ingredients, the flavors and the stories behind our recipes might change, but we can guarantee one thing: like our friends, you won’t leave our home without asking: “May I have that recipe?”
Homemade Baked Falafel with Tangy Tahini Sauce
- 1 cup chickpeas raw, soaked overnight
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/16 teaspoon cardamon
- 1 teaspoon salt optional
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional
- 4 tablespoons water
Tomato Cucumber Salad
- 1 large cucumber (we prefer seedless), diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (we like to mix red and yellow), sliced in half
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven at 400F.
- Generously spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients, except olive oil in the food processor. Pulse a few times until all the ingredients are well combined, but not completely smooth Place mixture in a bowl, add olive oil and mix well.
- Using your hands, form small balls and place them in the muffin tin.
- Bake at 400F for 15 minutes.
- Serve with pita bread, pickles, tahini sauce and cucumber tomato salad.
- In a small bowl, mix tahini paste, salt with lemon juice with a spoon until it thickens.
- Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and mix until well incorporated. For a thinner sauce, add more water (note: sauce will thicken slightly when refrigerated).
Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Mix all the ingredients in a medium-size bowl. Toss and let it sit for a few minutes.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Click here for more information on vegetarianism!