Sweet, tangy, and refreshingly minty.
It’s summertime! It’s hot out there! Bring on the refreshing lemonade and the cooling mint! But wait. Maybe hold all of the sugar that most lemonade recipes are famous for? And let’s do away with the thick, viscous, unhealthy corn syrup and other refined ingredients that commercial brands are made with? YES. Let’s do that. Introducing the Skinny Ms. Homemade Honey Lemonade with Fresh Mint recipe!
You don’t have to work hard or use your credit card to earn this reward. It’s the simple and satisfying reward of saying no to the overpriced, fake, store-bought stuff and saying YES to the healthy and invigorating DIY version instead. All you need to get your homemade lemonade zest on is some honey, mint, ice, and yes, you guessed it, lemons!
Homemade Honey Lemonade with Fresh Mint
- 1 cup honey raw honey recommended
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice freshly squeezed, seeds removed
- 2 lemons sliced into thin rounds
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup mint leaves loosely packed
- Heat 1 cup of water on the stovetop over high heat until steaming. Remove from heat and add honey, stir until dissolved. Allow to chill in the refrigerator.
- Add to pitcher chilled honey mixture, remaining water, fresh lemon juice, and lemon slices, stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Add ice to individual glasses, if desired. Serve with fresh mint leaves. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Let us hear what you have to say about Skinny Ms. Feel free to leave a comment about this post or any Skinny Ms. Content.