It’s summertime! It’s hot out there! Bring on the refreshing lemonade and the cooling mint! But wait. Maybe hold all of the sugar that most lemonade recipes are famous for? And let’s do away with the thick, viscous, unhealthy corn syrup and other refined ingredients that commercial brands are made with? YES. Let’s do that. Introducing the SkinnyMs. Homemade Honey Lemonade with Fresh Mint recipe!
You don’t have to work hard or use your credit card to earn this reward. It’s the simple and satisfying reward of saying no to the overpriced, fake, store-bought stuff and saying YES to the healthy and invigorating DIY version instead. All you need to get your homemade lemonade zest on is some honey, mint, ice, and yes, you guessed it, lemons!
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 100 | Total Fat: 0 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Sodium: 12 mg | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Carbohydrates: 28 g | Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 25 g | Protein: 0 g | SmartPoints: 6
- 1 cup honey, raw honey recommended
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice, seeds removed
- 2 lemons, sliced into thin rounds
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- Heat 1 cup of water on the stovetop over high heat until steaming. Remove from heat and add honey, stir until dissolved. Allow to chill in the refrigerator.
- Add to pitcher chilled honey mixture, remaining water, fresh lemon juice, and lemon slices, stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Add ice to individual glasses, if desired. Serve with fresh mint leaves. Enjoy!
Let us hear what you have to say about SkinnyMs. Feel free to leave a comment about this post or any SkinnyMs. Content.